AnswersinGenesis.org

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What God Hates

Proverbs 6:19
There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him:
  1. Haughty eyes, 
  2. A lying tongue, 
  3. Hands that shed innocent blood,
  4. A heart that devises wicked plans, 
  5. Feet that make haste to run to evil, 
  6. A false witness who breathes out lies, 
  7. One who sows discord among brothers.  
For I the LORD love judgment (justice), I hate robbery (something plundered to be used) for burnt offering;     
Isaiah 61:8a

"...in that they went to burn incense, [and] to serve other gods, whom they knew not, [neither] they, ye, nor your fathers.  Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending [them], saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate."
Jeremiah 44:3,4

Neither shalt thou set thee up [any] image; which the LORD thy God hates. 
Deuteronomy 6:22

I hate (hypocrisy), I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept [them]: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. 
Amos 5:21,22

And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbor; and love no false oath: for all these [are things] that I hate, saith the LORD.  
Zechariah 8:17

The LORD tries the righteous: but the wicked and him that loves violence his soul hates.
Psalm 11:5

For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hates putting away (divorce):  
Malachi 2:16

But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans*, which I also hate.
Revelation 2:6

 *A sect that taught sexual immorality and pagan practices could be a part of Christian worship. It began as a small sect and in the time of Constantine became the dominant form of Christendom. True Christianity remains the practice of a relatively small number of souls.

This sowing of discord among the brethren of the Lord is an abomination to Him.

No comments: